Witness is currently reading nonfiction for its Spring 2020 print issue. The Spring 2020 issue is a themed issue around the concept of "Magic".
Submissions will be open until October 1 or until we reach a maximum number of submissions for the issue, whichever comes first.
Please limit your submission to one essay per issue. All forms of literary or creative fiction are welcome.
Please limit your submission to five poems, and wait to hear back from us before submitting again. Poems should be sent in a single document file, with the individual poems separated by page breaks.
- Please include a title or titles in the Title Box on the submission page and include your contact information including word count within the header of the document. Include page numbers on every page.
- All files must be saved in Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx) or PDF.
- Work should be double-spaced and set in a standard (Times, Helvetica, Arial) 12-point typeface.
- If this submission would be your first publication, we are eager to learn this, so please do feel open to share that in the cover letter.
- While Witness Magazine's mission is to look at the American experience and the writer as witness, authors from all over the world are encouraged to submit.
- Simultaneous submissions are welcome -- we are committed to reducing editorial queue times but understand that sometimes we miss out on some great work because of them. Please do withdraw and let us know if you've placed this piece elsewhere.
- Witness is committed to paying its authors and artists for all work submitted in its pages.
- If you have any questions, please direct them to Witness.Fiction@unlv.edu