Witness is currently reading nonfiction for its Spring 2020 print issue. Submissions will be open until October 1 or until we reach a maximum number of submissions for the issue, whichever comes first.
Please limit your submission to one essay per issue. All forms of literary or creative nonfiction are welcome.
- Please include a title in the Title Box on the submission page and include your contact information including word count within the header of the document. Include page numbers on every page.
- All files must be saved in Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx) or PDF.
- Work should be double-spaced and set in a standard (Times, Helvetica, Arial) 12-point typeface.
- If this submission would be your first publication, we are eager to learn this, so please do feel open to share that in the cover letter.
- While Witness Magazine's mission is to look at the American experience and the writer as witness, authors from all over the world are encouraged to submit.